We are the 99% is a political slogan used by participants in the Occupy
movement. It refers to the concentration of wealth among the top 1% of income earners compared to the other 99%. It reflects an opinion that the 99% are paying the price for the mistakes of a tiny minority within the upper class. According to the Economic Policy Institute as of 2018, all households with incomes less than $737,697 belonged to the lower 99% of wage earners.